Salt Lake City, commonly abbreviated as SLC, is the capital and most populous municipality of the state Utah, as well as Salt Lake County. The city is famous for various things such as great places to visit, great restaurants, culture diversification and many more.
The name Salt Lake City originated from The Great Salt Lake, the largest salt water lake in the Western Hemisphere, and the eighth-largest terminal lake in the world.
With so many things to do and discover in the city, in this article, we have curated some of the top places and things you need to know about this place to help make your vacation unforgettable.
Top Things To Do:
Here are some of the top places to visit in Salt Lake City:
- Temple Square – Learn about the history of the Mormons and the place
- Salt Lake Temple – Discover the most iconic building in all of Utah, and dive deep into the religious aspect of the place
- Hogle Zoo – Relax and enjoy time with family by visiting one of most diverse zoo in the Northern USA
- Heritage Park
When To Visit?
The weather throughout the year in Salt Lake City is pretty much fine, with January being the coldest month of the year, having an average temperature of -5.9 to 2.8 degree Celsius, and July being the hottest, having an average temperature of 17.4 to 32.6 degree Celsius.
If you want to avoid the crowds, think about visiting Salt Lake City between September and November. Ski season won’t have started, and family groups will be scarce, leaving the major attractions free of the throngs.
Where To Stay?
Here are some of the popular neighborhoods in Salt Lake City:
- Downtown – Downtown area in Salt Lake City is the city’s cultural center, including things like Temple Square, along with some of the major tourist attractions. There are also many four and five star hotels available in this area.
- Sugar House – One of the oldest part of the city. If you want to experience the old classic version of SLC, then this area is the best to live in. Here, you can find a variety of great restaurants, pubs, bars and lounges.
- The Avenues – This area is famous for it’s historical buildings and monuments. If you’re someone who love old attractions, then you’d want to stay in this area.
Famous Hotels To Stay In Salt Lake City
- The Grand America Hotel – Located at 555 S Main St, Salt Lake City, UT 84111
- Embassy Suites Salt Lake City – Located at 3524 South, Market St, West Valley City, UT 84119
- Courtyard Salt Lake City Downtown – Located at 345 W 100 S, Salt Lake City, UT 84101
- Crystal Inn Hotel & Suites Midvalley – Located at 818 E Winchester St, Murray, UT 84107
- Crystal Inn Hotel & Suites Salt Lake City – Located at 230 W 500 S, Salt Lake City, UT 84101
How To Get Around Salt Lake City?
- Public transportation – Public transportation in the city is easily available. You can use the public buses, operated by the Utah Transit Authority (UTA) which comes with a single fare and a day pass option.
- Taxis – Taxis in Salt Lake City cost $3 as a basic fare and then around $2.80 per mile after that, so they can be an expensive way to get around. Uber is active in the city and offers a chance to get around more cheaply, with a basic fare of $1.90, then $1.48 per mile.
- Car – Having a car is a good option if you want to drive around and explore the city. There are 30,000 parking spaces in the center of town as well, which should mean finding a spot won’t be hard.
About Kimball Roofing & Repairs
Major services offered:
- Commercial roofing
- Residential roofing
- Metal roofing
- Roof inspection
- Asphalt roofing
- Flat roofing
- TPO roofing
- Roofing financing