[fullwidth background_color=”” background_image=”” background_parallax=”none” enable_mobile=”no” parallax_speed=”0.3″ background_repeat=”no-repeat” background_position=”left top” video_url=”” video_aspect_ratio=”16:9″ video_webm=”” video_mp4=”” video_ogv=”” video_preview_image=”” overlay_color=”” overlay_opacity=”0.5″ video_mute=”yes” video_loop=”yes” fade=”no” border_size=”0px” border_color=”” border_style=”” padding_top=”20″ padding_bottom=”20″ padding_left=”” padding_right=”” hundred_percent=”no” equal_height_columns=”no” hide_on_mobile=”no” menu_anchor=”” class=”” id=””][one_full last=”yes” spacing=”yes” center_content=”no” hide_on_mobile=”no” background_color=”” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” background_position=”left top” border_position=”all” border_size=”0px” border_color=”” border_style=”” padding=”” margin_top=”” margin_bottom=”” animation_type=”” animation_direction=”” animation_speed=”0.1″ class=”” id=””][fusion_text]If you know you need roof repair or replacement, but aren’t sure how to pick the right company for the job, the following information will be invaluable to you.
Choosing the right contractor for a roofing job, no matter how big or small, is essential because your roofer will be responsible for your safety and your home’s protection. The contractor you choose is also important because the price you’re quoted for your roofing job affects your household budget and what kind of roof you can afford.
A trusted roofing company in Utah, Kimball Roofing offers easy, hassle-free inspections, quotes, roof repair, and installation. We have successfully completed all kinds of residential and commercial roofing jobs, and we are happy to give you referrals from folks who are happy with our work. We know that choosing a roofer requires more than just referrals, though, so consider some of the below tips for hiring the right contractor and then feel free to call us with any questions:
Choosing the Right Contractor
When it’s time to choose a roofer, you want a company that you can trust. Here are some questions and bits of advice for finding a qualified and experienced contractor:
- Check for a permanent place of business, telephone number, tax ID, and contractor’s license.
- Insist on seeing copies of the contractor’s liability insurance and workers’ compensation certificates.
- Ask for references.
- Require a written proposal and examine it for complete descriptions of work to be done.
- Have the contractor explain the company’s quality control procedures and ask who will be supervising your project.
- Read the contractor’s warranty carefully.
- The lowest bid may not always be the best option. Take all factors into consideration before choosing a contractor.
The following are five questions that you should ask any contractor you’re considering for a roofing job:
- Do you have a current contractor’s license? Check to see if your potential contractor has a current contractor’s license through the state of Utah.
- Do you provide a letter from the roofing material manufacturer stating that you’re certified to install its roofing product? Some roof manufacturers require that a contractor go through specific training and be certified to sell its product.
- Are you insured with workers’ compensation for your employees and liability insurance for my home? The answer to this question is crucial. A company should be insured with both policies; otherwise, you are taking a huge risk should someone get hurt or your home get damaged.
- Do you take the time to inspect my attic, and do you make an effort to learn about the necessity of proper attic ventilation and insulation? A roof manufacturer will void a shingle warranty if a home’s attic isn’t properly ventilated.
- Do you provide me with a reference list of at lease 100 customers? A good roofer that has been in business for at least five years will be able to give you a list of more than 100 customers.
Kimball Roofing has been in the roofing business for more than 20 years, and we’ve worked on nearly 20,000 roofs. We are happy to provide references and answers to all of the questions above. For your next residential or commercial roofing project, call Kimball Roofing![/fusion_text][/one_full][/fullwidth]